When I was going through my time away, basically my only escape from the world was through music. I am a music freak! I can find a song for anything and everything. If you ever ride in the car with me or work with my at my job, you know that I will sing my heart out to almost anything. I may not always know the words, but it does bring comical relief to those who have to listen to me.
Right now, here’s my go to Top 5 songs that I’ve pretty much listened to at least once every day for the past couple of weeks.
- Boy with the Coin by Iron and Wine
- This is just a unique song. It kind of has a sad meaning but I love the beat and music video. It’s a great song to play while you’re making dinner, and I know that for a fact.
- Be Still by The Killers
- If you ask me about my favorite band, there is a 90% chance I’m going to mention The Killers. The Killers have a unique way of making all of their songs into one story. This song, arriving towards then end of their Battle Born album just kind of reminds you that you’ve got a long journey ahead of you but there’s no need to move too fast.
- True Sadness by The Avett Brothers
- The Avett Brothers and I have come to know each other through their lyrics. I’ve known about them for a while but I guess I didn’t really appreciate their lyrics until I experienced what they were singing about. This song and also their new album, serves as a reminder that sometimes we go through sad times in life. There is no way around it, we just have to get through it. I’m super stoked because I’m going to their concert in a month and it’s going to be pretty awesome!
- Gypsy by Fleetwood Mac
- I absolutely love this song! I’ve heard of multiple meanings and I don’t really know why I like it. The song itself has a bittersweet feeling of sadness and happiness all at the same time. I’ve been told I have a pretty good voice, some have even said they would buy my album, but I can never sing quite like Stevie Nicks.
- The Perfect Space by The Avett Brothers
- The twist in this song is probably my favorite. If you listen, you’ll pick up on it too. When I went away for a little while, it took me some time to realize that I didn’t really want help from anyone, I just wanted to figure things out for myself. You realize all the things that you want out of life, but sometimes you need to be alone to figure it out by yourself.
All in all, some things are better said through a song. Maybe you just need to find the lyrics that speak to you the most.